San Luis Obispo Auto Accident Victims Need Experienced Lawyers
Injured in a Car Crash?
Our San Luis Obispo Car Accident Lawyer Helps Victims Recover
In 2014, the state of California saw 2,882 fatal motor vehicle collisions resulting in 3,126 fatalities. Non-fatal collisions in 2014 totaled 162,742, with 230,904 persons injured. For the victims of these accidents, even one car wreck is too many. Injuries sustained in car crashes may range from minor to catastrophic. If a negligent driver or defective safety equipment injures you, then you may hold the responsible party accountable for your damages. There may be multiple parties to blame, depending on the circumstances. Discussing your claim with an experienced car accident attorney should be one of your first steps after seeking medical attention if you are injured in an accident in San Luis Obispo. A lawyer can assist you in filing a claim and can fight for your rights in negotiations and/or the courtroom.
If you suffer injury in a traffic collision and it was not your fault, then seek quality representation from a San Luis Obispo car accident lawyer at James McKiernan Lawyers. We regularly represent individuals injured in crashes on Highway 101, Pacific Coast Highway, and 227 coming into San Luis Obispo. We are well known and respected personal injury litigators and we always prepare claims as if trial is inevitable. Call our office today to speak with an attorney who can handle your car insurance claim .
What Are Some Common Causes of Car Accidents?
The best way to avoid a car accident is to understand how accidents commonly occur. Below, a San Luis Obispo auto accident lawyer from our firm explains some of the major causes of motor vehicle wrecks. Knowledge is power, and these tips for the road may keep you safer next time you travel ― whether a short commute to work or a longer trip to visit family and friends. Common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted drivers. Distracted driving behaviors includes texting, talking on a mobile phone, rubbernecking and adjusting technologies such as radio, GPS, etc.
- Driver fatigue. Drowsy driving leads to drifting vehicles, varying road speeds and bad decision-making.
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Drunk drivers kill approximately 16,000 people per year.
- Speeding. Speeding increases the risk of crashing, and reduces the time available to avoid a crash.
- Aggressive driving. Aggressive drivers tend to tailgate, flash their lights, fail to yield, disregard traffic signals and/or display rude or aggressive behavior. Do not engage aggressive drivers; instead, call 911 if a driver is behaving in an overtly dangerous way.
- Poor weather. Inclement weather such as snow, ice or other hazardous conditions can make driving dangerous. Use your lights and wipers, and adjust your speed accordingly.
Determining the cause of a car crash is critical when filing a claim against a car insurance policy. Sometimes, you may be able to recover a portion of your damages even if you were partially to blame. In these cases, the amount you may recover will be reduced by the percentage of fault that is assigned to you. Our attorneys are skilled investigators who can examine the circumstances of your crash to ensure the correct assignment of blame.
Car Crash Injuries? Call Our San Luis Obispo Car Accident Lawyer
At James McKiernan Lawyers, we are caring, compassionate and willing to fight for what is right. Dealing with car insurance adjusters, paperwork and negotiations can quickly become intimidating and overwhelming, Fortunately, we have the knowledge, skill and experience to tackle even the toughest of situations. You do not deserve to take a financial hit for an injury that was not your fault. If you suffered injury in an accident in San Luis Obispo, then call James McKiernan Lawyers at (888) 442-2918 or contact us online for a free consultation.