Pedestrian hit, killed on Foothill Blvd. in San Luis Obispo
The California Highway Patrol is investigating a deadly crash that happened late Wednesday night in San Luis Obispo. A 42-year-old man was hit and killed by a vehicle at W. Foothill Blvd. and O’Connor Way, CHP says. The collision happened shortly after 10 p.m. The San Luis Obispo County Sheriff’s Office had deputies on scene as well. Police say the driver was unable to avoid the man, who was in the middle of the road. Another pedestrian was hit and killed in the same area in February of 2016.
If you have lost a loved one due to someone’s wrongful conduct or negligence in Lompoc, CA, you may have a right to a wrongful death claim against the negligent party. James McKiernan Lawyers encourages anyone who may find him or herself in such a difficult situation to contact our experienced San Luis Obispo personal injury attorneys at (888)442-2918 for a free case evaluation. We only get paid if you get paid. Our offices are conveniently located throughout California.
At James McKiernan Lawyers, We work tirelessly to deliver accurate news about the California accidents that impact our readers and clients most. Although our goal is to keep people as informed as possible, we’d like to note the information we aggregate is obtained from a wide variety of nonaffiliated secondary sources. These include but are not limited to: Law enforcement agencies, press release, News articles, and websites.
As we publish and share accident information, we make all possible efforts to ensure its correctness, but for the aforementioned reasons, we cannot guarantee that our content is completely accurate. Although we generally respond to inquiries and requests to change, update or amend the content and articles that we publish, we cannot promise that we’ll be able to do so within a given time frame.
The articles and blogs that we share or post here and on social media are designed to serve solely as general information. They should not be taken to constitute legal, medical or any other form of express or implied advice. Similarly, they may not be applicable to your personal circumstances, situation or case. Any information referring to specific laws, statutes or legal actions reflects legal principles, but the laws that apply to you may differ based on your situation, jurisdiction or other factors.
Call (888) 442-2918 or contact us online for a free consultation.
I Was Just In An Auto Accident, What Should I Do?
You were just in an auto accident and now you need to know what to do. Unfortunately, many individuals that are involved in an auto accident do not know what to do. Here are some suggestions from the experienced auto accident attorneys at James McKiernan Lawyers:
- Check for obvious injuries and call for emergency medical help, if warranted 911
- Notify law enforcement 911. A police report is a “must-have” document
- A POLICE REPORT as it may be the only proof the accident is not your fault
- Do not make any statements
- Only speak to the police or medical personnel
- Do not allow the other driver to talk you into settling things on your own
GET THE FACTS
- Take pictures and/or video of everything using a camera or your Smartphone. (vehicles involved, the surrounding areas and any obvious injuries you sustained)
- Gather all pertinent information from the other driver using a camera or your Smartphone take photos of the documents (Driver’s License, insurance policy, license plate, etc)
- Locate any witness before they leave the scene & get their contact info
- Get a recorded statement of witnesses using a voice recording app on your Smartphone
- If you are injured go to the ER immediately
- Do not speculate about your physical condition (in some cases it may take 24-48 hours to feel any pain due to the adrenaline from being in an auto accident)
- Do not, under any circumstances, speak to the other driver’s insurance company
- Don’t talk to anyone about the accident; especially on social media (Do not post accident photos or comments about the accident)
CALL US FIRST
Contact JAMES MCKIERNAN LAWYERS for a FREE CONSULTATION (888) 442-2918 or (800) 200 HURT (4878)
- We will recover a pain & suffering settlement for you
- We will arrange medical treatment on a lien
- We will contact the insurance companies
- We will obtain the police report
- We will recover your lost wages
- We will arrange for a rental car