Neck Injury Victims Can Count On San Luis Obispo Lawyers
Accident victims commonly suffer from painful neck injuries that affect their lives at work, at home and with their families. At James McKiernan Lawyers, we have represented countless neck injury victims just like you. Whether you were hurt in a car, boating or construction accident, our attorneys can help. You deserve fair compensation.
Neck Injury Attorney Serving Paso Robles, CA
Neck pain may be the result of aging, repetitive strain or stress. But while most neck pain is minor, neck pain caused by a serious injury may led to a temporary or permanent disability that greatly impacts your everyday life. A neck injury could affect your vertebrae, ligaments, nerves, spinal cord and more. Injury attorneys in San Luis Obispo frequently litigate cases involving:
- Whiplash — Whiplash is caused by a sudden, jerking movement of the head and neck.
- Sprain and strains — Certain injuries and accidents can cause muscle strain and ligament sprains.
- Disc injury — Damage to a vertebral disc often leads to shooting pain in the neck, back and legs.
- Paralysis — A serious neck injury could cause temporary or permanent paralysis.
- Fracture — An intense impact may cause a vertebra in your neck to break.
- Spinal cord dislocation — Damage to the vertebral bones designed to protect the spinal cord could cause long-lasting and severe injury.
Neck injuries often accompany other injuries to the face, back and legs. These injuries may require extensive medical treatment and ongoing care. If another person or persons is responsible for your accident, you certainly need compensation to pay for all mounting expenses. A highly qualified San Luis Obispo spinal cord injury attorney at James McKiernan Lawyers can offer effective legal counsel to get you the money you deserve.
Symptoms and Treatments
You may feel a range of symptoms depending on the nature and severity of your injuries. Headache, neck pain, dizziness, stiffness, weakness, numbness and tingling sensations often accompany neck injuries. Fortunately, there are various treatments available to help ease the symptoms and heal the causes, such as:
- Pain medications — Prescription medications and muscle relaxants are used to ease suffering.
- Neck brace — A soft collar or brace helps hold the neck still to allow it to heal.
- Injections — Hydrocortisone shots help reduce pain.
- Massage — Specially designed neck massages also assist in pain management.
- Physical therapy — Physical therapy offers healing methods.
- Surgery — A cervical laminoplasty, spinal fusion, cervical radiculopathy or radiofrequency neurotomy are examples of neck surgeries. (Surgery is only used in severe cases.)
To learn more, speak with the San Luis Obispo accident injury attorneys at James McKiernan Lawyers.
Contact Our Neck Injury Attorneys Today
Don’t put your future at risk. Without proper legal representation, you may not get adequate compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering. By retaining the fierce, fighting attorneys at James McKiernan Lawyers, you can ensure your best interests are upheld. Contact us today or call 805.242.5325 to schedule your free initial consultation.