Practice Areas – James McKiernan Lawyers
Contact Our Office for a Free Consultation
When someone else’s negligence causes you harm, you may find yourself suddenly facing not only the pain and difficulty of recovering from an injury, but also heavy financial and economic burdens. Medical bills mount quickly and you may be unable to work for some time. This combination of increased expenses and decreased income can make an already difficult situation seem hopeless. However, if someone else is to blame for your condition, then that party should be responsible for your expenses and other damages, not you. Therefore, you may be able to file a personal injury claim to recover compensation, which can allow you to cope with your financial responsibilities. Since your future wellbeing may depend on the outcome of your claim, you should always consult with local injury attorneys, who can work to protect your best interests.
The San Luis Obispo attorneys at James McKiernan Lawyers focus on representing injury victims throughout the Central Coast region of California with a strong selection of practice areas. Founder James McKiernan, a personal injury lawyer with over 30 years of experience, has represented a wide variety of claims over his career, and has obtained multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for his clients. No matter what kind of personal injury claim you are pursuing, you can get legal advice from our attorneys, free of charge, in an initial consultation. If we move forward with your claim, then you can rest assured that we will take all possible steps to ensure that you receive a fair recovery.
Practice Areas for Our San Luis Obispo Attorneys
The attorneys at James McKiernan Lawyers have experience with a wide range of personal injury practice areas, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents. We can assist with insurance claims and lawsuits related to car accidents as well as truck wrecks, motorcycle crashes, cycling accidents and pedestrian injuries. We also handle boating injuries and train accidents. In vehicle accident cases, we pursue all avenues of available compensation, which may include the at-fault driver’s insurance coverage and/or your own uninsured/underinsured motorist policy.
- Elder abuse and neglect. Our San Luis Obispo attorneys aggressively pursue negligent nursing homes and elder care facilities.
- Product liability claims. If you sustain an injury due to product defects in a vehicle or any consumer item, then we may be able to assist you in filing a claim against the manufacturer.
- Catastrophic injuries. These complex types of personal injury claims involve severe, disabling injuries that have a catastrophic effect on the victim. Traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries and extensive burns are common types of catastrophic injuries.
- Construction accidents. After an accident on a construction site, you may be entitled to recover through workers compensation. However, depending on the circumstances, our lawyers might also be able to help you file a third party claim for additional compensation.
- Wrongful death. When severe accidents cause fatal injuries, our attorneys can represent the family members left behind. We can help you file a wrongful death claim to hold the liable party accountable for your loved one’s loss.
Every personal injury claim is different, but our attorneys have the experience necessary to craft a legal strategy to fit your unique situation.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer for My Personal Injury Claim?
The law does not require that you hire an attorney to file a personal injury claim. However, there are many benefits to working with a legal professional, even for smaller cases involving minor injuries and property damage. These benefits include:
- Knowledge of the legal process. An experienced personal injury attorney has a thorough understanding of the steps involved in filing a claim. At James McKiernan Lawyers, we have represented over 20,000 personal injury cases; we know what to do and have working relationships with experts across many fields who can support your case.
- Perspective on settlement offers. When the insurance company makes an offer, you may not know whether it is reasonable. Our lawyers have worked on thousands of cases, so we can offer you perspective when an offer is too low.
- Better chance for a higher recovery. On average, injury victims who work with an attorney recover higher settlements or verdicts than those who work alone. Our law firm has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for injury victims nationwide.
- Advocate for your best interests. Despite what they may say, insurance adjusters are not on your side. Their main goal is turning a profit for the insurance company, which means paying out as little as possible. However, your lawyer has your best interests in mind and can fight for your rights.
- Trial experience. Although most cases settle before trial, if going to court is the best way for you to get the recovery you deserve, then having an experienced trial attorney on your side is essential.
- Saves you time and stress. Our lawyers can handle the stress and most of the work of filing a legal claim for you. This saves you time and stress, giving you peace of mind while you heal.
Hurt? Contact Our Local Injury Attorneys in San Luis Obispo Today
If you need legal assistance in California, then contact a San Luis Obispo personal injury attorney from our law firm. We can investigate your accident or injury and inform you of your legal options. With over 30 years of experience advocating for injury victims nationwide, James McKiernan Lawyers can offer knowledgeable, aggressive representation for your claim.
Our attorneys offer free initial consultations and work on a contingency fee basis. This means that if you do not recover compensation, then you do not owe us attorney fees. Call 800-200-HURT or contact us online to schedule a complimentary case review.