Were You Involved in an Accident That Injured Your Neck?
Neck Injury Victims Can Count on Our San Luis Obispo Neck Injury Lawyers
If you were recently involved in a serious accident that cause neck injuries, then chances are that these injuries are affecting your everyday life. Some of these injuries can heal over time and with the assistance of rehabilitation, but some of these injuries are life-long and will leave you unable to participate in tasks that you need to be an independent member of society. If someone’s negligence has left you injured or limited your capacity, you deserve to recover from those damages.
Accident victims commonly suffer from painful neck injuries that affect their lives at work, at home and with their families. Neck injuries are one of the most dangerous and life altering injuries, and when left without medical treatment, usually only worsen and even lead to paralysis or death. At James McKiernan Lawyers, we have represented countless neck injury victims just like you. Whether you were hurt in a car, boating or construction accident, our attorneys can help. You deserve fair compensation and fair representation in the eyes of the law.
What Are the Most Common Neck Injuries Caused by Accidents?
Neck pain may be the result of aging, repetitive strain or stress. But while most neck pain is minor, neck pain caused by a serious accident can lead to a temporary or permanent disability that greatly impacts your everyday life. A neck injury could affect your vertebrae, ligaments, nerves, spinal cord and more. Our injury attorneys in San Luis Obispo frequently litigate neck injury cases involving:
- Whiplash — Whiplash is caused by a sudden, jerking movement of the head and neck. This kind of injury often is the result of car or biking accidents.
- Sprain and strains — Certain injuries and accidents can cause muscle strain and ligament sprains. Many people also experience sprains or strains if they are in a dangerous work environment.
- Disc injury — Damage to a vertebral disc often leads to shooting pain in the neck, back and legs. This damage can occur after a serious slip and fall incident or other impact traumas.
- Paralysis — A serious neck injury could cause temporary or permanent paralysis. This type of injury is very serious and will change a person’s life forever. When facing this injury, it is important to be represented by an experienced legal professional.
- Fracture — An intense impact may cause a vertebra in your neck to break. This impact could occur in a fall, a dangerous work environment, or a vehicle accident.
- Spinal cord dislocation — Damage to the vertebral bones designed to protect the spinal cord could cause long-lasting and severe injury. This type of injury, when left untreated, could lead to serious complications down the road.
Neck injuries often accompany other injuries to the face, back and legs. These injuries may require extensive medical treatment and ongoing care. If another person or persons is responsible for your accident, you certainly need compensation to pay for all mounting expenses. A highly qualified San Luis Obispo spinal cord injury attorney at James McKiernan Lawyers can offer effective legal counsel to get you the money you deserve.
What Are Common Symptoms and Treatments for Neck Injuries?
You may feel a range of symptoms depending on the nature and severity of the accident and how your injuries were treated following the accident. Headache, neck pain, dizziness, stiffness, weakness, numbness and tingling sensations often accompany neck injuries. If you avoid treatment for your symptoms, there is a possibility that your injuries could lead to a long-term problem or even death. Fortunately, there are various treatments available to help ease the symptoms and heal the causes, such as:
- Pain medications — Prescription medications and muscle relaxants are used to ease suffering.
- Neck brace — A soft collar or brace helps hold the neck still to allow it to heal.
- Injections — Hydrocortisone shots help reduce pain.
- Massage — Specially designed neck massages also assist in pain management.
- Physical therapy — Physical therapy offers healing methods.
- Surgery — A cervical laminoplasty, spinal fusion, cervical radiculopathy or radiofrequency neurotomy are examples of neck surgeries. (Surgery is only used in severe cases.)
These medical treatments are often expensive and insurance is not always available to cover your damages. In the instance where the accident was due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to receive compensation from the liable party. To learn more, speak with the San Luis Obispo accident injury attorneys at James McKiernan Lawyers.
Contact Our San Luis Obispo Neck Injury Lawyers for a Free Consult Today
A neck injury will affect your life and has the possibility of affecting the lives of those that you love. Do not make the mistake of putting your future at risk due to fear or insecurity. Without proper legal representation, you may not get adequate compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering. By retaining the fierce, fighting attorneys at James McKiernan Lawyers, you can ensure your best interests are upheld. Contact us today or call 800-200-HURT to schedule your free initial consultation.