You're just a few clicks away from meeting with our lawyers.
San Luis Obispo Scaffolding Accident Attorneys
Compassionate Legal Advocacy in SLO, Paso & Monterey Counties
All construction workers and building owners in California are required to follow strict safety regulations when constructing new buildings or performing renovations on existing buildings. One of the most important safety regulations is that all construction workers must use scaffolding when working on buildings over six stories tall.
Unfortunately, construction workers still get hurt on scaffolds, even when they are following safety regulations. When this happens, workers are often unable to work for weeks or even months, which can lead to financial difficulties.
At James Mckiernan Lawyers, we understand that these injuries can be devastating for construction workers and their families. That is why we are committed to helping injured construction workers and their families recover the compensation they deserve.
Schedule a consultation with our team today.
What Is Scaffolding?
Scaffolding is a temporary structure that is used to support workers while they are constructing or repairing buildings. There are many different types of scaffolding, but they all have the same goal: to keep workers safe.
Types of scaffolding include:
- Platform scaffolds: These are the most common type of scaffold and are used for painting, window cleaning, and other building maintenance.
- Tower scaffolds: These are used for repairing roofs and other tall areas.
- Wall scaffolds: These are used for building exterior walls and repairing exterior walls.
- Cantilever scaffolds: These are used for constructing wide buildings, such as warehouses.
Common Scaffolding Accidents
Scaffolding accidents can occur in a variety of ways, but they often result in serious injuries and even death.
Common scaffolding accidents include:
- Falls: Falls are the leading cause of scaffolding accidents and can result in catastrophic injuries like head trauma, back and neck injuries, brain injuries, and amputations.
- Falls from scaffolds: Construction workers can fall from scaffolds if they trip or misstep. These falls can cause serious injuries, even if they do not happen from a great distance.
- Inadequate or damaged scaffolds: Construction workers can get injured if scaffolds are not properly built or maintained. For example, a worker can get injured if a scaffold collapses under their weight because it was not built to hold their weight.
- Falling objects: Construction workers can get injured if debris, tools, or other objects fall from scaffolds onto them.
- Electrocution: Scaffolds often run power lines to different areas of the building, which can result in electrical shock or electrocution.
Who Is Liable for a Scaffolding Accident?
Scaffolding accidents can result in catastrophic injuries that can take months or even years to recover from. In many cases, injured construction workers are unable to work for extended periods of time and are unable to support themselves financially.
In these situations, injured construction workers can turn to their employers, their employers' insurance companies, and the manufacturers of their scaffolds to recover the compensation they need to get back on their feet.
The liable parties in a scaffolding accident claim will depend on the circumstances of the accident:
- If the scaffold manufacturer is at fault, the injured construction worker will file a personal injury lawsuit against the manufacturer.
- If the scaffold manufacturer is not at fault, the injured construction worker will file a workers' compensation claim against his or her employer.
- If the construction company is at fault, the injured construction worker will file a personal injury lawsuit against the construction company.
At James Mckiernan Lawyers, we are familiar with the laws surrounding scaffolding accidents and the liable parties involved. We will help you navigate the legal system and hold all liable parties accountable for their actions.
Recovering Damages in a Scaffolding Accident Lawsuit
Injured construction workers can turn to the experienced legal team at James Mckiernan Lawyers to help them recover the compensation they need to get back on their feet. We can file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf and work to hold all liable parties accountable for their actions. We will fight to get you the maximum compensation you are owed.
Over $300,000,000 WON for Clients!
Recent Case Victories
$1.35 Million Dirt Bike Accident
Riding a dirt bike at a friend’s home on acreage, suffered life-threatening injuries when low hanging cable hit the rider in the neck. James McKiernan Law subbed in as new attorneys, found coverage, and settled for policy limits in 4 weeks.
$1.3 Million Car Accident
James McKiernan Lawyers settled our case for the policy limits of $1,000,000 against the driver and got another $300,000 from the passenger’s insurance company for a total settlement of $1,300,000.
$1.3 Million Off Road Vehicle Accident
Riding in the back seat of an off-road vehicle when the driver drove off a forest service road into a canyon resulting in severe injuries. Structured annuity resulting in tax-free payments to the client.