Orcutt Personal Injury Attorney
James McKiernan Lawyers is a personal injury law firm located in Orcutt and helps California automobile accident and injury victims recover compensation for their injuries due to the reckless, negligent or intentional misconduct of others. We are proud to serve the people of the Central Coast and to be able to help them recover the financial compensation they need and deserve when they have suffered personal injury. We have recovered millions on behalf of injured Californians, and we will continue to fight through strong, effective negotiations and aggressive litigation when necessary to obtain the best possible outcome for our clients.
Your Right to be Compensated
If you are injured due to the negligence or wrongful misconduct of someone else, you might be entitled to compensation for the damages they have caused you. Present medical expenses, as well as any future medical costs ,which you can reasonably calculate, are recoverable. Similarly, you may be entitled to lost wages for time you missed from work due to your injuries, including future lost wages if you are disabled from working or cannot return to the same type of job you had before the accident. You may also recover compensation for your pain and suffering, emotional distress, or mental anguish. If the conduct of the defendant was more than just negligent and was especially reckless, outrageous or malicious, you may be entitled to punitive damages which are designed to punish and deter such future acts.
Damages are not automatically awarded to you, however. It is often necessary to seek the assistance of a Orcutt personal injury attorney to file a lawsuit to force the defendant’s insurance company to deal with you seriously and offer a reasonable and fair settlement. If an agreeable settlement cannot be reached, it may be necessary to file a lawsuit. The burden in court is on the injured plaintiff to prove to the jury that the accident was the defendant’s fault, and to prove to the jury that you are entitled to the amount you are asking for. At the same time, the defendant, represented by a team of insurance company lawyers, will argue that the accident was not his or her fault. They may even claim that you were to at fault in causing the accident or that your injuries are exaggerated or were caused in some other accident. Being able to prove your case while standing up to the defense’s claims and allegations requires a thorough knowledge of the law and skill in preparing and presenting a persuasive case in court.
Personal Injury Attorney Serving Orcutt, CA
Our skill comes in part from years of experience handling all types of personal injury matters. We have obtained successful results, including million dollar settlements and verdicts, across a wide range of injury-causing accidents. Our practice includes representing victims of serious injuries in all of the following types of cases, among others:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – Helping victims of auto, truck, motorcycle, bus accidents and more recover compensation from negligent or reckless drivers. Experienced in complicated head injury and spinal cord injury cases, our auto accident lawyers are prepared to obtain maximum compensation for maximum recovery, care, and independence
- Slip & Fall – In the unfortunate event of a slip and fall injury, we work hard to hold the property owner accountable for letting dangerous conditions go unrepaired and allowing an avoidable accident to happen
- Product Defects – We represent clients who have been injured by dangerous and defective products
- Assault and Battery – Intentional acts of violence are not only criminal, but these perpetrators can and should be held financially accountable for the damages and injuries they cause
- Elder Abuse – The most vulnerable among us often cannot speak up for themselves when abused or neglected, so we speak up for them
- Wrongful Death – When negligence or misconduct results in death, we help spouses, children, and other family members deal with the costs and cope with their loss
Call A Orcutt Personal Injury Attorney Today
A Orcutt personal injury accident can turn your life upside-down. Don’t let the stress and worry about paying your medical bills and supporting your family while you are out of work overwhelm you. Focus on getting better and taking care of your personal needs, and let us have the job of making sure you get the compensation you need and deserve. Contact James McKiernan Lawyers for a free consultation with a capable and experienced Orcutt injury attorney. There is no fee unless and until we recover for you.