San Luis Obispo Legal Secretary Job Position
Are you an experienced legal secretary ready to join a fast-paced team with competitive salaries and benefits? The office for James McKiernan Injury Lawyers has been a staple in the California Central Coast for decades, and we need a professional legal secretary.
Position includes good pay and benefits such as health insurance. Our office may consider position for part-time work as well.
Ready to join a winning team that has obtained more than $315 million in verdicts and settlements? Applicants can submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal Secretary Duties and Responsibilities
- Collecting and delivering documents
- Preparing forms and court statements
- Transcribing and proofreading legal documents
- Making travel arrangements for lawyers
- Dictating lawyers’ audio files and written notes
- Updating and indexing discovery binders and pleadings
- Managing calendars, projects, and records and ensuring everything functions smoothly
- Supporting legal research
- Communicating with lawyers, experts, opposing counsel, vendors, and other staff
Legal Secretary Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to multitask
- Courteous, professional manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with legal terminology and documentation
- Ability to type at least 40 words per minute
- Proficiency in word processing software such as Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work with a team of lawyers and others