There is a big difference between living in an apartment and living in a house. If you have experienced living in both of these real estate options, then you know that apartment living has some unique problems that can be challenging to solve. There are multiple parties involved in apartment disputes, like landlords, property managers, tenants, repairmen, and more. This complicates disputes even further, because each party involved in an apartment-related issue may be seeking different solutions. There are a few common complaints, however, that can happen in almost any apartment dispute.
- Deposit refund issues: Unfortunately, landlords will sometimes attempt to collect and keep a tenant’s deposits and refuse to distribute a refund. This type of complaint can also include charges against deposits and any other related deposit disputes.
- Bed bug/other pest infestations: Bed bug complaints are related to improper care and treatment of an apartment. Pest control is extremely important for an apartment’s maintenance, but it can sometimes be overlooked by property managers and landlords.
- Apartment repairs and maintenance: One of the most common complaints from tenants are neglected repairs. These repair problems can include broken appliances, carpeting, roofing, plumbing, heating and air conditioning, and more.
- Noise complaints: After quiet hours, tenants may raise complaints of excessive noise on their apartment floor or from their neighbors. Since walls can be thin in apartment buildings and units share walls, it can be expected for a tenant to be more sensitive to noises outside their units.
- Health and safety hazards: This is directly related to having apartment repairs that require fixing, so it’s important to know the health consequences of these neglected issues. Some examples may include damaged flooring, gas leaks, unsafe appliances, broken smoke alarms, and more.
- Breach of contract/agreement: There can also be a complaint referring to violations of lease agreements or apartment tenant’s rights or laws that were included in an agreement.
Our real estate litigation attorneys are well-versed in the real estate laws associated with your apartment dispute. Contact James McKiernan Lawyers today for a free consultation.
400 + 5 Star Reviews!
Chances are you’re here because you or someone close to you has been hurt. Your life has been turned upside down. The “it’ll never happen to me” mentality gets thrown out the window- No pun intended. And chances are you know someone who knows some lawyer who did a thing and blah blah blah. [READ MORE]
They handled my case involving a car accident. They’re extremely polite and professional. Any questions I had they addressed them immediately, I never had to wait for a reply. Everything about my experience with this firm has been the absolute best. I without a doubt recommend them [READ MORE]
5 Stars! Outstanding firm dedicated to “righting wrongs” for people in need! So glad I contacted [READ MORE]