Summer is an exciting time for teenagers and adults to celebrate the summer holidays and take roads trips. Unfortunately, with this increase in traffic comes an increased risk of car accidents, especially for inexperienced teenage drivers. There are several factors that contribute to this period of dangerous driving for teens, also known as the 100 Deadliest Days of Driving. If you plan on being out and about, you should know about the causes of car accidents during the summer in order to protect you and your family on the road.
What Are the Main Causes of Summer Car Accidents?
- More teenagers driving. Since school is officially out by June in almost all states, teenagers are hitting the streets and driving on busy roads. Teenagers are inexperienced drivers, and an increase in inexperienced drivers results in more car accidents. All drivers should be aware of this risk, and parents of high schoolers should keep their children educated on the dangers of drunk and reckless driving.
- More tourists on the road. Summer means an influx of vacationers, which means that there are extra people on the streets headed to their destinations. Tourists tend to drive slower and take sudden turns and maneuvers.
- Construction hazards and re-routes. Since construction is harder to accomplish during the harsh winter weather, road maintenance tends to occur more often in the summer. Construction sites pose a hazard both to the workers and nearby drivers, and they also lead to more traffic.
- More cyclists and motorcyclists. Warmer weather welcomes cyclists and motorcyclists to the streets, but these other vehicles can catch drivers off guard and even cause more congestion.
- Extreme heat. Dehydration can lead to road rage and overheating of engines can lead to sudden accidents and stalls on the road. Prepare your car ahead of a long journey, especially if you will be travelling during the day.
- Tire blowouts. Hot roads can severely wear down your tires and over-expand them, resulting in tire flats and blowouts in the middle of your drive. Check your tire pressure regularly so you can be better prepared.
If you were involved in a car accident this summer and you were injured, you should contact James McKiernan Lawyers today.
400 + 5 Star Reviews!
Chances are you’re here because you or someone close to you has been hurt. Your life has been turned upside down. The “it’ll never happen to me” mentality gets thrown out the window- No pun intended. And chances are you know someone who knows some lawyer who did a thing and blah blah blah. [READ MORE]
They handled my case involving a car accident. They’re extremely polite and professional. Any questions I had they addressed them immediately, I never had to wait for a reply. Everything about my experience with this firm has been the absolute best. I without a doubt recommend them [READ MORE]
5 Stars! Outstanding firm dedicated to “righting wrongs” for people in need! So glad I contacted [READ MORE]