What is your New Year’s Resolution? You still have plenty of time to think about it, as well as what your plans are for ringing in the New Year. But as you consider these things, you should also be aware – New Year’s is one of the most dangerous days of the year. During the New Year’s season, it is estimated around 95 million Americans will be on the road to visit family and friends. Almost half of all car accidents on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day are caused by drinking and driving.
That said, here are some tips to help you keep yourself – and your friends and family – safe during one of the biggest celebrations of the year.
- It goes without saying: don’t drink and drive. Plan ahead before you head out for the evening. If you have a friend who does not drink and is willing to be the designated driver, that’s great! If not, there are dozens of different options to get around without driving drunk. Call an Uber – you don’t want to spend the beginning of the year in jail, or worse.
- Don’t binge drink. Pace yourself. Not only will this allow you to keep your wits about you throughout the evening, it will help prevent a terrible hangover. One standard drink per hour is usually a good pace.
- Alternate alcoholic drinks with water.
- Eat before you drink and snack while you drink.
- Don’t fall for myths about how to sober up faster. Coffee and greasy food might sound like good ideas after drinking, but nothing can actually sober you up except time.
If you are injured by a drunk driver on New Year’s in San Luis Obispo, our law firm can help.
400 + 5 Star Reviews!
Chances are you’re here because you or someone close to you has been hurt. Your life has been turned upside down. The “it’ll never happen to me” mentality gets thrown out the window- No pun intended. And chances are you know someone who knows some lawyer who did a thing and blah blah blah. [READ MORE]
They handled my case involving a car accident. They’re extremely polite and professional. Any questions I had they addressed them immediately, I never had to wait for a reply. Everything about my experience with this firm has been the absolute best. I without a doubt recommend them [READ MORE]
5 Stars! Outstanding firm dedicated to “righting wrongs” for people in need! So glad I contacted [READ MORE]