As San Luis Obispo injury lawyers with more than 40 years of experiencing representing car accident victims, we at James McKiernan Lawyers have probably heard about every conceivable type of accident. Simple or gross negligence is the cause in most of these cases. Some of the most common types of accidents that injure our clients include:
* Head-on collision: This is among the most serious types of motor vehicle accident. It occurs when two vehicles moving in opposite directions collide with one another at a speed. A head-on collision is more likely than the other types to involve reckless or criminal driving behavior.
* Rear-end collision: In this type of accident, a driver crashes into the back end of another vehicle. It often occurs due to following the other car too closely.
* Backing accident: The causes for this type of accident can include a driver who fails to look over his or her shoulder or check the rearview mirrors to see if it is safe to back up the vehicle.
* Side sweep collision: A driver who fails to check both sides of his or her moving vehicle may hit the side of another vehicle. It also happens due to not following proper lane-changing procedure.
* Left turn or U-turn collision: These types of accidents happen when two cars are traveling in opposite directions. One driver doesn’t see the other vehicle and runs into it when making a left turn or a U-turn, even when the U-turn was legal.
Carelessness is Still Negligence
Speeding, drunk driving, and inclement weather all cause car accidents, but simply not paying attention is the most common cause. Texting while driving, talking on a cell phone, or turning to talk to someone in the car all fall within this category. As you know from being an accident victim, it only takes a few seconds of inattentiveness for a driver to cause long-lasting harm to others. If you are struggling with medical expenses, loss of wages, and a reduced quality of life due to a car accident, contact us at James McKiernan Lawyers for immediate assistance. Our telephone number is 1-800-200-HURT (4878).
400 + 5 Star Reviews!
Chances are you’re here because you or someone close to you has been hurt. Your life has been turned upside down. The “it’ll never happen to me” mentality gets thrown out the window- No pun intended. And chances are you know someone who knows some lawyer who did a thing and blah blah blah. [READ MORE]
They handled my case involving a car accident. They’re extremely polite and professional. Any questions I had they addressed them immediately, I never had to wait for a reply. Everything about my experience with this firm has been the absolute best. I without a doubt recommend them [READ MORE]
5 Stars! Outstanding firm dedicated to “righting wrongs” for people in need! So glad I contacted [READ MORE]