Arroyo Grande Auto Accident Attorneys
In 2010, the state of California saw 2,520 fatal motor vehicle collisions resulting in 2,739 fatalities. Non-fatal collisions in 2010 totaled 161,094, with 229,354 injuries. For the victims of these accidents, even one car wreck is too many. If you suffer injury in a motor vehicle accident and it was not your fault, you might have a case. Seek quality representation from the Arroyo Grande auto accident attorneys at James McKiernan Lawyers.
What are Some Common Causes of Auto Accidents?
The best way to avoid a car accident is to understand how accidents commonly happen. A Arroyo Grande auto accident lawyer from our firm is ready to explain some of the major causes of motor vehicle wrecks. Knowledge is power, and these tips for the road may keep you safer next time you travel. Whether a short commute to work or a longer trip to visit family and friends, you need to stay safe. Keep an eye out for unsafe drivers, and be sure to avoid these behaviors yourself:
- Distracted drivers ― Distracted driving behaviors includes texting, talking on a mobile phone, rubbernecking and adjusting technologies such as radio, GPS, etc.
- Driver fatigue ― Drowsy driving leads to drifting vehicles, varying road speeds and bad decision-making.
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence ― Drunk drivers kill about 16,000 people per year.
- Speeding ― Speeding increases the risk of crashing, and reduces the time necessary to avoid a crash.
- Aggressive driving ― Aggressive drivers tend to tailgate, flash their lights, fail to yield, disregard traffic signals or display rude or aggressive behavior. Do not engage aggressive drivers, and call 911 if a driver is behaving in an overtly dangerous way.
- Weather ― Inclement weather such as snow, ice or other hazardous conditions can make driving dangerous. Use your lights and wipers and adjust your speed accordingly.
Arroyo Grande Auto Accident Attorneys Protecting Your Rights
After you are involved in a car wreck, receive medical attention for your injuries. Then take the next steps and contact an accident injury attorney to find out if you are due compensation. The dedicated staff at James McKiernan Lawyers work hard to find out the parties at fault for your accident.
Contact Our Arroyo Grande Auto Accident Attorneys for Help Today
If you suffered injury in a California automobile accident, call James McKiernan Lawyers at 805.242.5325. Alternatively, contact us online for a free consultation with our Arroyo Grande auto accident attorneys. We can discuss your best options to receive compensation for your injuries.