This Holiday Season’s Most Dangerous Toys
Author: James McKiernan Lawyers
December 18th, 2017
The consumer group World Against Toys Causing Harm (WATCH) recently released its list of the 10 Worst Toys of 2017 ahead of the holiday season. This group releases reports annually to make parents aware of potentially hazardous toys. These hazards are myriad, ranging from choking hazards to strangulation hazards to even catastrophic failures like fires and explosions.
Here is the list of 2017’s top 10 most dangerous toys, and why they are dangerous:
- Hallmark “Itty Bitty’s” Baby Stacking Toy can lead to choking due to small parts
- Pull Along Pony, which creates a strangulation hazard due to the looped pull-string
- Wonder Woman Battle-Action Sword, which can cause blunt force injuries as well as injuries to eyes
- Hand Fidgetz Spinners. This popular toy has already led to several choking injuries since its invention.
- Spider-Man Spider-Drone Official Movie Edition. This drone’s spinning blades can lead to eye injuries and children can suffer body impact injuries if struck by the drone
- Nerf Zombie Strike Dreadbolt Crossbow. Children can suffer eye injuries if shot with this toy’s high-speed bolts.
- Slackers Slackline Classic Series Kit. Children can strangle themselves on the slackline and can also easily fall off, potentially breaking bones.
- Oval Xylophone. This children’s toy can lead to ingestion and choking injuries.
- Jetts Heels Wheels. Children can suffer blunt impact injuries in addition to burn injuries from the sparks that come off the wheels.
- Brianna Babydoll by Melissa & Doug. The toy comes with a plastic pacifier that can present a choking hazard.
Be sure to avoid these dangerous toys, and have a happy holiday, San Luis Obispo!