Involved in an Accident with a Semi-Truck? Call Our San Luis Obispo Injury Lawyers
Author: James McKiernan Lawyers
November 20th, 2016
An accident involving a semi-truck and a motorcycle or passenger vehicle is significantly more complicated than one between private individuals. That is because it can be difficult to determine fault in an accident with an 18-wheeler. Additionally, trucking companies have the resources to hire attorneys and insurance carriers that may try to intimidate accident victims. If you are struggling physically, emotionally, and financially due to a collision with a commercial truck, don’t hesitate to speak to our San Luis Obispo injury lawyers.
Assigning blame in these accidents is challenging because more than one party could be at fault. These include:
- The driver of the 18-wheeler may have been speeding, under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or too fatigued to drive safely. When the driver’s actions alone cause an accident, he or she is 100 percent at fault.
- The driver’s employer may have pushed him or her to drive with a load that was too heavy or knowing the driver didn’t get enough sleep the previous night.
- Hiring inexperienced drivers to reduce costs is another common cause of 18-wheeler accidents that may indicate fault on the employer’s part.
- Mechanics may attribute to negligence by failing to properly fix a part or by ignoring necessary repairs that had the likelihood of causing an accident.
- Manufacturers could be at fault for installing defective parts or not issuing a recall on trucks with known safety issues.
Speak to a Personal Injury Attorney Before Anyone Else
It is a common tactic for insurance companies representing large trucking organizations to pressure accident victims to accept fault or settle for a small pay-out and dismiss the claim. Neither is in your best interest. You deserve fair compensation for your pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical expenses. Please contact us at James McKiernan Lawyers at 1-888-442-HURT (2918) to learn more about how our San Luis Obispo injury lawyers can help you file a claim.