San Luis Obispo Back Injury Attorneys Working For You
Spinal cord injury lawyers serving Santa Maria, CA
If you have sustained a back injury after an accident, James McKiernan Lawyers can help you recover monies owed to you. Back injuries can gravely affect your quality of life and ability to perform the activities you once loved. In addition to compensation for lost wages, property loss and medical expenses, you may be entitled to compensation for pain, suffering, emotional distress and loss of enjoyment. James McKiernan Lawyers provides aggressive representation and compassionate counsel for back injury victims across California.
Back injuries are debilitating damages to back muscles, tendons or the spinal column. Injuries typically occur in the lumbar region (the five largest and strongest vertebrae in the lower back) or the cervical region (the uppermost seven vertebrae of the neck). One seemingly minor back injury could cause a lifetime of pain and consistent medical care. If you have suffered from one of the following back injuries as the result of someone’s carelessness or recklessness, you may be entitled to compensation:
The trip and fall attorneys in San Luis Obispo at James McKiernan Lawyers often represent back injury clients who have been hurt in a car, truck, motorcycle, work-related or slip and fall accidents. Back injuries could be the result of sudden trauma to the neck or spine, such as during a motor vehicle collision. They could also be caused by repetitive motion injuries, including repeated heavy lifting.
Treatment and rehabilitation for back injury victims
Modern medicine has allowed back injury victims the ability to drastically improve their conditions and begin to heal. Major injuries may require serious surgeries, while less severe conditions could be improved by medication and physical therapy.
- Open back surgery. Traditional open back (lumbar) surgery is designed to treat patients who have not responded to physical therapy, medication or bracing, or whose condition has worsened. There are various types of back surgeries used to treat different conditions, including broken bones, vertebral fractures, bulging discs and spinal nerve compression.
- Spinal fusion. A type of open back surgery, spinal fusion permanently connects two or more bones in your spine. It can relieve pain by adding stability to a spinal fracture.
- Discectomy. A discectomy removes the herniated portion of a disc, relieving irritation and inflammation of the nerve. It is done as an open back surgery.
- Minimally invasive spine surgery (MIS). MIS offers patients many of the same benefits as traditional open lumbar surgery without the large incisions, scars and large blood loss. MIS is generally less painful and allows patients a shorter hospital stay. Patients with herniated discs, lumbar spinal stenosis, spinal infections and other conditions may be eligible for MIS.
- Spine conditioning program. A well-structured conditioning program helps strengthen muscles and improve flexibility. A spinal conditioning program typically involves a range of exercises designed to improve your injuries. Physical therapy is often used in conjunction with surgery or other treatments.
A team of medical professionals can design an effective treatment program for your specific condition or injury. Your Santa Maria neck injury attorneys can help obtain compensation for all your medical expenses from the negligent party.
Contact spinal cord injury lawyers in San Luis Obispo for assistance
For a free case evaluation regarding your personal injury lawsuit, contact James McKiernan right away. Let our team walk you through the legal process, answering all questions along the way. Our skilled negotiators work inside and outside of the courtroom to get the money you deserve.